FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How is the 2017 WinWin50 Staff Lottery different from the 2016 WinWin50 Staff Lottery?
- The 2017 WinWin50 Staff Lottery has even more chances to win! You will now have a chance to win an Early Bird prize $25,000 plus 11 MORE Early Bird prizes worth $5,000 each. This year’s lottery also has TWO more bonus prizes up for grabs. A Spring Break Bonus Prize and a Summer Get-Away Bonus Prize both worth $25,000 each. All of these great prizes on top of the already great monthly prizes of $5,000 and $50,000 and don’t forget about the Grand Prize Draw of $250,000!
I already have a payroll deduction for the WinWin50 Staff Lottery. Do I need to enroll again for 2017?
- Yes, because the 2017 WinWin50 Staff Lottery is a separate raffle from 2016 and requires its own licence. In order to be eligible for this year’s prizes, you must opt-in again for payroll deductions.
How can tickets be purchased?
- Staff Payroll Deduction Program; see eligibility guidelines online
- Phone 1-844-5WINWIN (1-844-594-6946)
- Online WinWin50.ca
What is the mailing address to purchase tickets?
- WinWin50 Staff Lottery
3950 12 Street NE
Calgary AB T2E 8H9
What are the WinWin50 Staff Lottery prizes?
- There is a chance to win a $50,000 prize and a $5,000 prize each month. At year end there is a single Grand Prize draw for $250,000 cash. There is ONE Early Bird Prize worth $25,000 and ELEVEN more Early Bird Prizes worth $5,000 each. In addition to this there are TWO Bonus Prizes, The Spring Break and The Summer Get Away Bonus Prize, both worth $25,000!
What are the WinWin50 Staff Lottery ticket prices?
- 1 for $5
- 3 for $10
- 8 for $20
How many tickets are sold in total?
- 145,170 Single tickets
- 199,220 Sets of 3
- 123,610 Sets of 8
- Total 1,731,710 tickets sold
What methods of payment are accepted?
- In-person: Cash or Cheque; Visa, MasterCard, American Express or Discover Card
- Online: Visa, MasterCard, American Express or Discover Card
- Payroll deduction: Payments are deducted from your paycheque each pay period
How much will be deducted from my paycheque?
- Deductions are dependent on the ticket package selected.
- For example; if you have selected the set of 8 tickets for $20, $20.00 will be deducted each pay period and 8 tickets will be entered into the draw each pay period.
When will my paycheque start getting deducted?
- Your ticket purchase will be deducted from your paycheque on the next available pay period. This will occur provided that; the ticket processing centre is able to validate your employee ID and only where tickets quantities are available at time of your opt-in
How do I know my paycheque has been deducted for the WinWin50 Staff Lottery?
- Your deduction will appear on your pay advice as “winwin50 lottery”. Please click here for an example.
(Note: When reviewing your pay advice, you must look at the .pdf, not the cheque date paycheque view.)
Can I request to have my tickets emailed instead of delivered by Canada Post?
- Unfortunately we are required to mail all tickets to recipients mailing addresses in order to remain in accordance with the regulations set out by AGLC. We hope in the near future that AGLC will allow us to email tickets in an effort to save costs and offer more value to the charity.
What are the participating facilities?
- If you do not see your facility listed above, your facility has decided to not participate in this year’s lottery. However, you are still welcome to participate. Please select “Northern Alberta” or “Southern Alberta” from the menu on the Secure Online Order Form and your funds will be designated to the region you’ve selected.
Airdrie Urgent Care Centre
Bow Valley Community Cancer Centre
Drumheller Community Cancer Centre
High River Community Cancer Centre
Jack Ady Cancer Centre (Lethbridge)
Margery E. Yuill Cancer Centre (Medicine Hat)
Tom Baker Cancer Centre
Alberta Children’s Hospital
Brooks Community Health/Home Care
Brooks Health Centre
Foothills Medical Centre
Peter Lougheed Centre
Rockyview General Hospital
South Health Campus
Canmore General Hospital
Cardston Auxiliary Hospital
Cardston Health Centre
Claresholm Centre for Mental Health and Addictions
Claresholm General Hospital (CGH)
Claresholm Mental Health Clinic
Community Health - Claresholm Health Unit
Willow Creek Continuing Care Centre (WCCCC)
Coronation Hospital & Care Centre
Crowsnest Pass Health Centre
Bentley Care Centre
Centennial Centre for Mental Health and Brain Injury
Elnora Community Health Centre
Hanna Health Centre
Innisfail Hospital & Care Centre
Olds Hospital & Care Centre
Rimbey Hospital & Care Centre
Rocky Mountain House Health Centre
Sundre Hospital & Care Centre
Sylvan Lake Community Health Centre
Three Hills Health Centre
Winfield Community Health Centre
Drumheller Health Centre
Fort Macleod Health Centre
High River General Hospital
High River Health Unit
Nanton Community Health Centre
Silver Willow Lodge - DAL Unit (Nanton)
Big Country Hospital
Oyen Community Health Services
Didsbury District Health Services
Oilfields General Hospital (Black Diamond)
Okotoks Health & Wellness Centre
Taber Health Centre
Tofield Health Centre
Vulcan Community Health Centre
Pincher Creek Health Centre
Barrhead Community Cancer Centre
Bonnyville Community Cancer Centre
Camrose Community Cancer Centre
Central Alberta Cancer Centre (Red Deer)
Cross Cancer Institute
Drayton Valley Community Cancer Centre
Fort McMurray Community Cancer Centre
Grande Prairie Cancer Centre
Hinton Community Cancer Centre
Lloydminster Community Cancer Centre
Peace River Community Cancer Centre
Beaumont Public Health Centre
Leduc Community Hospital Foundation
Leduc Public Health Centre
Thorsby Public Health Centre
Daysland Health Centre
Devon General Hospital
Fairview Health Complex
Worsley Community Health Services
Fort Saskatchewan Community Hospital
Sherritt Health Services Centre
Glenrose Rehabilitation Hospital
Grande Prairie Regional Hospital
Queen Elizabeth II Hospital
Grimshaw/Berwyn Community Health Care Centre
Lac La Biche Healthcare Centre
Manning Community Health Centre
Alberta Hospital, Edmonton
Mental Health Clinics across Northern Alberta
Addiction Services across Northern Alberta
Peace River Community Health Centre
Ponoka Community Health Centre
Ponoka Hospital & Care Centre
CK Hui Heart Centre
Eye Institute of Alberta
Lois Hole Hospital for Women
Royal Alexandra Hospital
Stollery Children's Hospital
Strathcona Community Hospital
North East Community Health Centre
Sturgeon Community Hospital
Swan Hills Healthcare Centre
Kaye Edmonton Clinic
Mazankowski Alberta Heart Institute
University of Alberta Hospital
Wainwright Health Center
Do AHS employees have to enroll in the Payroll Deduction Program to participate in the raffle?
- No, AHS employees have the option of making a one-time purchase online or by phoning the Customer Service Centre at 1-844-594-6946.
How do I opt-out of the Payroll Deduction Program?
- If you wish to opt-out from deduction please visit online, www.WinWin50.ca/optout.php.
How long does it take to receive the ticket?
- Public: Official tickets will follow approximately 2-3 weeks after purchase.
- Staff Payroll Deduction: Official ticket(s) will be sent out 2 weeks before each draw date. If you do not receive your ticket(s) within this timeframe, please contact Customer Service at 1-844-5WINWIN.
What are the cut off dates and draw dates?
Tuesday, January 31, 2017
Tuesday, February 28, 2017
Friday, March 31, 2017
Sunday, April 30, 2017
Wednesday, May 31, 2017
Friday, June 30, 2017
Monday, July 31, 2017
Thursday, August 31, 2017
Saturday, September 30, 2017
Tuesday, October 31, 2017
Thursday, November 30, 2017
Sunday, December 31, 2017
Thursday, February 23, 2017
Thursday, March 30, 2017
Thursday, April 27, 2017
Thursday, May 25, 2017
Thursday, June 29, 2017
Thursday, July 27, 2017
Thursday, August 31, 2017
Thursday, September 28, 2017
Thursday, October 26, 2017
Thursday, November 30, 2017
Thursday, December 28, 2017
Thursday, January 25, 2018
When will the winners list be posted?
- All winners will be published on the WinWin50 Staff Lottery website within 10 days of each draw.
How many years has the lottery been active?
- This is the third year for the WinWin50 Staff Lottery.
What is the licence number of the raffle?
- Licence #446236.
Who is the Project Manager?
- Bob Wallace #RTM12941 / Stride Management Corp.
Is the ticket tax deductible/do you get a tax receipt?
- No, there is no tax receipt issued and the ticket is not tax deductible.
Must the ticket purchaser and the name on the ticket be over the age of 18 years?
Can tickets be put in the name of a corporation or business?
- Yes. Should the ticket be a winner, the prize is then awarded to the corporation or business and the person who claims the prize must be able to prove they are an authorized officer of that company.
Where do proceeds from the WinWin50 Staff Lottery go?
- Proceeds go to the Alberta Health Services Foundations and Trusts in support of the purchase of innovative equipment, leading-edge research and/or enhance patient care for their facilities/programs.
I’m not on the AHS email distribution list. How do I get on this list?
- You must fill out a Network Access Request (NAR) form. You can find this form on AHS insite at https://insite.albertahealthservices.ca/6954.asp. If you cannot access insite you will need to have your supervisor or manager complete the NAR to give you access. Please note: all NARs require supervisor or manager approval.
I don’t have an Alberta Health Services email. How do I get one?
- To get an Alberta Health Services email you must complete Network Access Request (NAR) form and obtain your manager’s approval. This form is on AHS insite at https://insite.albertahealthservices.ca/6954.asp.
Is the WinWin50 Staff Lottery website security enhanced?
- Yes, the WinWin50 Staff Lottery site is security enhanced within the Secure Online Order Forms. For a user to be sure of this, observe the left-hand corner of the address bar and a small image of a padlock will be visible. This image indicates a secure area of a website. Another indication of this is when the web address reads https:// as opposed to http://. The “s” in https stands for Secure.
Why am I unable to access the Secure Online Order Form?
- If you are using Internet Explorer and are experiencing difficulty accessing the Secure Online Order Form,
- This could be the result of an outdated browser. The WinWin50 Staff Lottery purchase page is not compatible with Internet Explorer version 10 or lower. Due to Microsoft security updates, if your browser version is less than Internet Explorer 11 you will have difficulty viewing our page. Please visit windows.microsoft.com/en-ca/internet-explorer/download-ie-MCM?FORM=MI09JH&OCID=MI09JH to update to the latest version of your browser, otherwise use a different browser (Chrome, Mozilla, Firefox, etc.) to purchase your tickets.
- If you are using a Windows platform such as Vista, XP or any older version,
- You will not be able to update Internet Explorer to its latest version. Again, we recommend switching browsers or phone customer service, 1-844-5WinWin (594-6946) to place your order.
- AHS employees may also download the Payroll Opt-in Form , print, complete and take to Human Resources office.
- Non-payroll purchasers may also download the Ticket Order Form print, complete and mail to;
WinWin50 Staff Lottery
3950 12 Street NE
Calgary AB T2E 8H9
- We appreciate your support and apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
Can I choose a specific ticket number?
- No. Ticket numbers are consecutive, computer generated and assigned at time of purchase.
How many names can be put on a ticket?
- AHS staff participating in payroll deductions may only have their own name printed on each ticket. If a one-time ticket is purchased under the public domain, two names may be added to the ticket. Should a purchaser want to put any more than 2 names on a ticket, it is recommended that the purchaser keep a record of who is involved with the purchase. The Licensee and Alberta Gaming & Liquor Commission will not be responsible for any dispute that may arise between the different individuals. In the event of a winning ticket stub having more than one name listed the lottery will award the prize to the individual whose name appears first on the stub. The Licensee and the Alberta Gaming & Liquor Commission are not responsible for resolving any disputes, which may arise from the different individuals.
How are winners notified?
- Once draws have been completed; prize letters will be mailed out 2-3 weeks following the draws. The prize letter informs the winner of what they have won and where and when to pick up their prize. They must have the prize letter and I.D. to claim the prize. All prizes must be accepted as awarded.
What happens if I lose my ticket or I can’t find it?
- You do not need your ticket to claim your prize. We have all the necessary information to verify the winner. Your name, address & phone number is recorded in the database along with your ticket number. If you have a winning ticket number, you will receive your prize letter to claim your prize. Upon receipt, winners need to validate their information by presenting a valid piece of government issued ID.
Can orders be placed by people living outside the province of Alberta?
- Any purchaser who RESIDES OUTSIDE ALBERTA BUT IS WITHIN THE PROVINCE OF ALBERTA at the time of purchase may purchase a ticket. The ticket can be mailed to any address (even outside of Alberta).
Who cannot purchase tickets?
- Contest guidelines prohibit the following people from purchasing tickets in the lottery: Executive members of the Lottery Licensee; Stride Management Corp., immediate family and anyone under the age of 18. (Immediate family member is defined as: parent, brother, sister, son, daughter or spouse of any individuals). Employees and Board members of participating Foundation/Trusts are not eligible to participate in WinWin50 Staff Lottery.
What is done with my personal information?
- Both WinWin50 Staff Lottery and Stride Management Corp. respect your privacy. We do not rent, sell or trade our mailing lists. The personal information collected by the WinWin50 Staff Lottery will be used to process ticket orders and to contact you regarding ongoing and future lotteries. The names, cities and winning ticket numbers of winners will be published on WinWin50.ca.